Tuesday, June 16, 2015

The end of an amazing audio experience

I am amazed, and half sorry, to report that I have now completed my 150+ hour journey through the seven Harry Potter novels as read to me by actor Jim Dale.

It's a credit to just how good these recordings are that I listened to them every chance I could over the past three months. And, to Dale's credit, the recordings got better and better as they went along, with Dale reaching his peak as the stories came to their final climax at the end of book seven.

Another amazing fact about this journey is that my 25-year-old discman survived the ordeal as well. In fact, it performed very well, despite a number of bumps and bruises. The only question in my mind now is: when should I start the whole cycle again?

No comments:

Post a Comment