Friday, July 8, 2011

Maybe the nineteen-years-later epilogue did make the cut!

One week. Just one week until the final movie opens.

Exciting, isn't it? But have you read about the ticket sales? Apparently, many showings are ALREADY SOLD OUT, an entire week in advance. Do you have your tickets?

As excited as I am about the opening of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2, I am now convinced that I will wait until at least a couple of days after opening to go to see it. First, because I don't have tickets yet. And second, because I don't really want to see this movie for the first time in a packed theatre, possibly surrounded by people who will talk, or burp, or otherwise interfere with my enjoyment.

I did get some good news yesterday, however. While surfing the net, I found an on-line entry that suggests that the 19-years-later epilogue of the novel will, indeed, be in the movie. It was nothing definitive but one website, in providing a list of actors for particular roles, actually included the names of the child actors who play the "next generation" (like Scorpius Malfoy, Teddy Lupin, even Harry's children with Ginny: Albus Severus, Lily and James) in the film. These characters only appear in the Epilogue of the final novel!

I'm very pleased at the thought of this. Of course, they could have filmed the epilogue, then left it on the cutting room floor. Who knows?

Well, I guess we all will in just one week's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment