Friday, July 22, 2011

Seamus is the one for Luna, not Neville

The son of a friend of mine attended the first showing of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2, dressed in a bulky sweater with a big "R" attached to the front. With his flaming red hair and ready grin, he made a passable Ron Weasley at Christmas time.

The guy is 17 and a huge Harry Potter fan. And, apparently, he's really unhappy with the movie. My friend says he's constantly pointing out tiny details of the film and how they differ from the book.

Sounds like me, doesn't it?

Speaking of stupid little changes, can someone explain to me why the filmmakers had to add that ridiculous, useless moment in the film when Neville declares his love for Luna? I have a feeling Matthew Lewis felt like an idiot delivering such a stupid, out-of-character line and I know I felt like an idiot listening to it.

I always thought, if Luna were to end up with any of the Hogwarts kids, it would be Seamus. I'm not sure why (and I haven't looked back into the books for any hints about it) but I have just always felt that Seamus was the one for Luna.

No comments:

Post a Comment