Monday, August 24, 2015

First step: Acknowledge the addiction

HP and the DH... again
Ok. I admit it. I'm addicted. Harry Potter has become an addiction.

You want evidence?

Check out my new copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, in paperback. My third copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

Why did I buy it?

Because it was in the library book sale, it was in perfect condition, it has a cover that I don't already own and it was just ONE DOLLAR.

That's why I bought it.

And then what did I do immediately after I bought it? I started reading it. Again. And enjoying it. Again. And thinking... my goodness, this first chapter is remarkably well written, considering the pressure J.K. must have been under to produce this seventh and final book.

Again.

I have to accept that I am now officially addicted to Harry Potter. The novels. Not the movies. Oh no, never the movies. I tolerate the movies. I am addicted to the books. I am currently reading Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone in French (Harry Potter a l'ecole des sorciers [insert accents where appropriate]) and, now, apparently, the Deathly Hallows as well.

And I am enjoying every word of each. Even the ones I am not sure I fully understand without looking them up in a French dictionary.

If you are reading this and nodding your head, thinking, "What's so crazy about that?" -- get help.

And enjoy the greatest series of books every written. In English and French!

No comments:

Post a Comment