Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Harry and the broom stick

So I'm reading the first novel, The Philosopher's Stone (or, if you're American, The Sorceror's Stone, or, if you're French, A L'ecole des sorciers), and I get to the part where Harry first climbs on a broom to chase Draco and retrieve Neville's Rememberall.

And J.K. goes to great pains to explain to us that, for Harry, flying on a broom is the first thing he's tried at Hogwarts that just seems to come naturally.

And I find myself thinking, "Of course Harry finds that it comes naturally; he got his first broom from Sirius when he was just a year old!"

And then I think: "Holy cow, I think I know these books a little too well!"

And then I think: "And hasn't J.K. done an amazing job of creating a consistent, well-developed world for Harry Potter and his friends!"

No comments:

Post a Comment