Friday, June 17, 2011

If I could turn back time...

I was chatting with a colleague today about the upcoming Harry Potter movie. She's a huge Potter fan but has never read the books. She's seen every movie and, in fact, has watched the seventh film, The Deathly Hallows, Part 1, three times in the last week.

It's strange talking to her about Harry and the gang. She's as big a fan as I am but doesn't know the first thing about the novels. And she doesn't want to know -- she's planning to read the series once the final movie has come out and she's seen it a couple of times.

The hardest thing for me is not to spill the beans both about the differences between the books and the films and about what happens in the final installment of the film series. The problem is, I consider the books so significantly superior to the movies I have a hard time holding myself back.

I'm interested to witness her responses as she works her way through J.K.'s novels. I think she's in for a real treat. I wish I could go back and read the books all over again for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment