Monday, June 27, 2011

Watching Walters as she finally gets to whip out her wand

My colleague finally broke down and watched the trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2, on line.

If you remember my earlier post, my colleague is one of those rare individuals who loves the Harry Potter movies but has never read any of the books. She's a huge fan without ever having tasted J.K.'s prose. I find that amazing.

Even more amazing is the fact that she has no idea how the story ends. For me, the excitement of the last movie is in finding out what they put in, what they left out and how they make that amazingly tense final part of the story come to life on screen. For her, it's about finding out how it all ends.

She made one comment about the trailer that made me laugh. She said she's always been an admirer of Mrs. Weasley and was pleased to see, from the trailer, that Molly finally gets a chance to show her stuff with a wand. My colleague has no idea how or why Molly Weasley gets involved in the action; she's just happy to see that she does get involved.

Of course, for me, I was delighted to realise, after watching the trailer a number of times, that the movie makers have apparently included Molly's duel with Bellatrix Lestrange in the film. Fantastic! Julie Walters, who is wonderful in the role, finally gets to whip out her wand and do some damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment